Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Mesa Series #3 Lament


This is the finished version of Mesa Series: Lament. For those of you who have seen this painting on my Ancient Artist Blog, you won't notice much difference, but I did add a "cliff" element to the lower left corner in keeping with the rest of the paintings in this series, and I darkened some of the clouds on the distant horizon. It's amazing how adding that one element in the lower left corner pulled the painting together. I know, I've read a thousand times about having three corners similar and one different, and I hate using "formulas" but what I think is happening here is that I've created a visual gateway that pulls the viewer's eye easily into the painting and changes up what was otherwise a rather boring little space.

Mesa Series: Lament
Oil on canvas
40 x 60 on 1.5 stretchers
$2400

No comments: